DUEO Chartered Accountants understands the importance of keeping your personal information private. We comply with the national privacy principles established under the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001.
Our ability to provide you with taxation, financial and superannuation advice is dependent on obtaining certain personal information about you. We acknowledge and understand the nature and sensitivity of your personal information and are committed to protecting your privacy.Personal information covers any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably determined.
We do not collect personal information about you, unless it is necessary for providing our services. Where practical, we will collect this information directly from you.
Disclosure of personal information—we will only use your personal information for the specific purpose for which it was collected.
- In relation to direct marketing (e-newsletters, events, invitations etc), where practical, we will obtain your permission first before we use your personal information for this purpose.
- Access to your personal information—you may want access to your personal information. If you wish to amend your personal information or have it deleted, please notify us.
- The personal information we collect will also be used for providing you with articles or information of interest to you in relation to the services we offer
- Safety of your personal information—we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Once your personal information is no longer required, we will destroy or permanently de-identify it.
- Dissatisfaction with managing your personal information—if you are not satisfied with how we manage your personal information, you have the capacity to complain. To lodge a complaint you can email us or advise us in writing. We will investigate and advise you of the outcome of your complaint as soon as possible. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may refer the matter to the Federal Privacy Commissioner at:
Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
Level 8, Piccadilly Tower
133 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000